Monday, April 20, 2009

Vendor Series Interview No. 13, Relive Photography

I had the pleasure of working with Laura on a small and intimate wedding last fall in NH and she was just a DOLL to work with! Her photos were wonderful as you will see below. Check out her website and enjoy the interview!


Relive Photography

Laura Parent



Her beautiful photography!










Vendor Interview Questions:

KP: What is your favorite part of the wedding process?

LP: I totally love seeing the bride and groom interact and seeing each other for the first time. It is rare that I don’t cry during the ceremony and fall in love with the couple after spending so much time with them. I also just really appreciate the opportunity to get to know so many awesome people within the wedding party.


KP: What do you love most about your job in the wedding industry?

LP: I was an artist growing up and went to college for fashion design. I am very in tuned to fashion and details of the day. I truly find it exciting to find the unique details that become and bride and grooms day. I am always pleasantly surprised and love the way these items can get my artistic juices flowing.


KP: What is the biggest misconception about your industry?

LP: I think that digital photography which is so much a part of our industry now has not always received enough credit. I think that it has opened the door to so many new photographers that are extremely artistic since digital is here. I don’t think that people realize how unique their imagery can be due to the new digital age.


KP: How did you get into the wedding industry?

LP: I was traveling in Europe with some friends and took a ton of images with my Canon camera. After seeing the pictures that I took there, one of the girls I had traveled with asked me to shoot her wedding. First I told her she was crazy and did not agree. After her consistent pushing I did shoot her wedding and have not turned back since. I was already involved in graphic work and it just fell in place and made so much sense. I absolutely have found the art that moves me.


KP: Tell me one wedding vendor other than in your industry you highly recommend? Why?

LP: Wow, there are so many. I would have to say that as far as a high level of talent I would recommend Around Town Entertainment. They are located in New York City and I have worked with them many times. NYC is my home town and I do a lot of work there so I know who I love and don’t. Why? This band is amazing and what is the best is that they are not just a huge talent but also down to earth and so pleasant to work with. Their reputation has grown in a big way in the last few years.


KP: Tell me one wedding vendor in your industry you highly recommend? Why?

LP: I took a workshop with David Beckstead this year and loved every minute of it. He is an terrific artist and a great person to learn from. His business is very successful and for a very good reason. His work is very artistic and not just photographs but pieces of art. That is what I strive for.


KP: Favorite wedding story- funny or serious

LP: I worked at a wedding last summer and the groom was without much family present. I had found out that his family had died in a fire when he was a young boy. What moved me the most was that the folks that raised him were his grandmother and aunts. Their speeches to him at his wedding made me cry so much that I could barely see through my camera lens. They touched on how wonderful of a man he had turned out with such diversity against him. They were amazing and did a great job raising this boy into a sweetheart of a guy. They just had such kind hearts.


KP: What other part of the industry would you not want to work in? Why?

LP: I really love what I do so much that I would not want to do anything else in this industry. I have my dream job.


KP: What differentiates you from the rest of your industry peers

LP: I think that there are so many talented photographers out there. What I hope differentiates me is my knack of communicating with all ages extremely well. I have found that my personality is a huge bonus and I receive so many compliments regarding that. I treat everyone equally with respect and have fun with them and enjoy knowing my clients. I also take the time to do a workshop once a year with a highly regarded photographer (such as David Beckstead) to keep my photography fresh and artistic.

No comments: