Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vendor Series Interview No. 7, Hair That Moves

We work with Lena Hartford as often as we can because our clients LOVE her. She's really wonderful to work with and very calming to our brides on their wedding day. She also happens to be my personal hair stylist so I guess I'm a bit biased here... Check out her website and enjoy the interview!


Hair That Moves


Lena Hartford



Examples of her fantastic work!











KP: What is your favorite part of the wedding process?

LH: My favorite part of the wedding process for me is helping the bride get her veil on to take photos and stand back and watch her beauty and happiness.


KP: What do you love most about your job in the wedding industry?

LH: My favorite part of the wedding industry is that I can help people feel their best of one of the most important days of their lives.


KP: What is the biggest misconception about your industry?

LH: The biggest misconception of "the hair industry" is that anyone can "do hair". I guess this is true, anyone can, but to find something that you really love to do in your career is unique. I LOVE to do wedding hair.


KP: How did you get into the wedding industry?

LH: I have always loved formal hair. After 13 years of weddings and proms in a salon, I met a wedding planner that cracked open the door to the serious wedding industry that I didn't even know was there. Thank you!


KP: Tell me one wedding vendor other than in your industry you highly recommend? Why?

LH: This is a hard one. I am not sure if I have one favorite. I have lots of vendors that I enjoy working with. The most important thing that sticks out in my mind about vendors is which one will fit the bride and her personality the best. I am sure most vendors are great.


KP: Tell me one wedding vendor in your industry you highly recommend? Why?

LH: This is hard too. I will have to say Joanne from Joya Beauty. I am still in awe at her skill and her ability to take complete control of a stress filled room and calm it down. She is so great at her craft.


KP: Favorite wedding story- funny or serious

LH: I would have to say the story that is sticking out in my head is a wedding we had in Rhode Island. The bride was newly preganant and the groom had her wedding gift delivered to the room while we were getting her ready. It was the most beautiful baby book that he had filled out and added pictures too of their new baby and of themselves. She shared the note he inluded in the book that had the room in tears for several minutes. It may have been the sweetest wedding gift ever!


KP: What other part of the industry would you not want to work in? Why?

LH: I dont think I could ever be a planner. There is so much involved and I am amazed at what planners are able to pull off!


KP: What differentiates you from the rest of your industry peers?

LH: I would like to think of myself as different than some others in my industry for several reasons. 13 years of expereince and punctuality and the amount of detail and effort I put into making a wedding day run smoothly. Being equipped to be onsite with a bride is a huge help. Everything from being in contact with the brides and wedding vendors to the bride's consultation. Making sure that the bride and her wedding party have a schedule for the day of the wedding to allow them the piece of mind that hair is completed on time. It is a special service different than most.

1 comment:

Kathy Zaiatz said...

What a great interview and interview questions. I have known Lena for quite some time, and she surely knows her craft and knows it well. I am so pleased that she has branched out on her own with "Hair that Moves". I recommend her all the time to people I know.